InterLink’s 2020 Meetings and Conferences
InterLink Relocation Resources takes its involvement in our industry very seriously. If you plan to attend any of these conferences, meetings or trade shows, please seek out and say hello to our InterLink representatives in attendance!
InterLink Relocation Resources and its sister company Rental Relocation, Inc. has representatives attending several upcoming meetings and conferences in 2020’s Q1. We encourage everyone attending the following events to look for our team members, pictured below, and introduce yourselves; they would love to answer your questions about Employee Relocations, Temp Living, your company’s Intern Program, and anything else related to Global Mobility:
Southeast Regional Relocation Council’s 2020 Spring Conference will be held March 18-19 at Fort Lauderdale’s B-Ocean Resort. InterLink’s Regional Director of Client Development Beverly Bell, CRP is also a member of SRRC’s Board of Directors and Planning committee, will be in attendance.
Beverly will also attend the Tennessee Relocation Council Meeting on April 1, 2020. The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Drury Plaza Hotel in downtown Nashville; there will be a post-meeting social event to follow.
Meanwhile, InterLink’s National Account Consultant Alex Calder, CRP will attend three upcoming events:
The Kansas City chapter of Global Business Traveler Association (KCGBTA) will hold a lunch meeting March 11, 2020 at Hotel Phillips, located at 106 W. 12th Street.
Remember to look for Beverly and Alex and say hello!
Alex Calder, InterLink’s National Account Consultant, will attend the Minnesota Employee Relocation Council Annual Conference, from Monday, February 17 – Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at the McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota. To register for the event, please click this link. If you would like to set up a meeting with him at the event to discuss InterLink Relocation Resources’ services, or to see a demo of our technology, please email him by clicking here.
The agenda for the MERC annual conference is as follows:
Monday, February 17th:
5:00pm – 7:00pm – The MERC 2020 Conference Welcome Reception will be on February 17th, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. At the Hewing Hotel 300 Washington Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55401.
Tuesday, February 18th:
7:00am – 8:30am – Registration, networking, continental breakfast and charity scavenger hunt event. Lanyards sponsored by Old Republic Relocation Services
8:30am – 8:40am – Presidents Welcome and Announcements
8:40am – 10:15am – Opening Session – A View From the Top – Beliefs, Values and Culture
This session is focusing on leadership perspectives for all things relational in the relocation industry. From recruiting, internal incentives, partner relationships and company culture.
Tricia Layde, Head of Global Mobility and Reward Projects – Smiths Group
Joe Cardini, President – Bristol Global Mobility; Paul De Boer, President – WHR Group, Inc.; Bill Mulholland, Director – ARC Relocation; Eve Seib, President – OneSource Relocation
Samantha Elliott, President – Preferred Corporate Housing; John Habanek, Executive Director – Chase; Bob Rosing, President & CEO – Dwellworks
Moderator: David Bunnell, Vice President – Transportation Worldwide
10:30am – 11:15am – Session 1
- So, why don’t you have a BVO program? – Steven John, President and CEO at HomeSerivces Relocation
- Preparing Your Global Talent for Success – Karen Menendez, Global Director and Account Management at Cartus
- Relocation Tax Update – Post U.S. Tax Reform – Bob Rothery, Director and Brian Higgins, Managing Director at KPMG, LLP
11:15am – 11:30am – Charity Event Scavenger Hunt
11:30am – 12:15pm – Session 2
- Digitization, Automation and the Future of Mobility Management – Martin Foxwell, Senior Vice President, Global Consulting and Industry Relations and Paul Seymour, Vice President and Solutions Architect at Bristol Global Mobility
- Navigating Stormy Waters: The Current Mobility Climate and Preparing for the Future of Tax, Immigration, and Local Challenges – Farshad Owji – Wolfsdorf Rosenthal Immigration Attorneys, Kristi Paulsen – Relocation Today, William Taylor – Relocity, Inc., Eric Loff – Global Tax Network
- Neuromarketing: Outsmart Your Competition – Terry Wu
12:15pm – 1:45pm – Lunch Buffet and Charity Event Scavenger Hunt
- Inclusively Welcoming Newcomers with Make it MSP – Tiffany Orth, Greater MSP
1:45pm – 2:00pm – Charity Event Scavenger Hunt
2:00pm – 2:45pm – Session 3
- Let’s Talk About Disruptive Innovation in Mobility – Ben Heller, CEO and Chief Customer Officer at PricePoint
- Super Skills to Travel like a HERO! – Lana Weber and Daniyela Perzhu, Depart Smart
- Lump Sum Programs: Momentum Lump Sum Productivity Study – Mary Beth Nitz, Vice President Global Consulting at Altair Global
2:45pm – 3:00pm – Charity Event Scavenger Hunt
3:00pm – 4:00pm – Session 4
- Corporate Roundtable – Andrea Shifflett, Target
- Conversation’s Make or Break the Realtionship – The Coaching Hour with Jason Jones
4:15pm – 4:30pm – Charity Event Prize Giveaway!
4:30pm – 5:30pm – Networking Reception brought to you by our sponsors Alexander’s Mobility Services
Alex Calder, InterLink’s National Account Consultant, has a very busy Dec. 4th planned! He will attend the 2019 GBTA Annual Holiday Fundraiser at the Evergy Building (Formerly the KCP&L Building) in Kansas City, MO.
Prior to the fundraiser, Alex will attend the Heart of America Relocation Councils’ Holiday Meeting at Cherry Hill in Kansas City. “Life After Relocation” will be the highlight of the HARC meeting, where a panel of former relocation professionals who will discuss their former careers in the relocation industry, and what they miss. Panelists include:
- Rick Marriott – Retired mobility supplier, Fry-Wagner
- Fran Cashion – Retired mobility supplier, Relocation Director, KC Better Homes & Gardens
- Beverly Berberich – Retired corporate mobility manager, SC Johnson and former Worldwide ERC President
- Pat Sparks – Retired corporate mobility manager, Sprint Corporation
Click here to contact Alex if you would like to meet with him before or after either event!
Once again, InterLink representatives are participating in Employee Relocation and Global Mobility-specific events; today, Regional Director of Client Development Beverly Bell is attending the Tennessee Relocation Council‘s Fall Conference in Nashville. Presentations for the day include:
- Global Mobility: Transformations/Trends and Talent (delivered by Worldwide ERC‘s President and CEO Peggy Smith)
- Remaining Relevant in a changing Real Estate/Relocation Environment
- Interactive Corporate Panel
- Update on the council’s Community Outreach Program, “Oasis”
InterLink Relocation Resources is excited about Worldwide ERC‘s 2019 Global Workforce Symposium in Boston! Let us know if you are planning to attend, and would like to schedule a meeting with a member of our staff. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Beverly Bell, InterLink’s Regional Director and Client Development, helped to organize and attended a Corporate Relocation Round Table, hosted at Biogen in Raleigh N.C. on June 12th. The event was a robust learning session, with multiple topics of open discussion and two key topic speakers: John Campbell (Talent Outcomes): Talent Management with a Strategic Career Path in mind; and Jim Carroll (WestRock); Debunking the Myth on the Multi-Generational Workforce.
Both of these topics brought interesting discussion, inclusive of how each one impacts an employee’s willingness to relocate, domestically OR Internationally.
John Campbell, on Talent Management and the Value of the Strategic Career Path, shared:
• Strategy is the key to the long-term development of talent
• Two-thirds of millennials are looking for long-term opportunities
Statistics show career development is only second to recognition and a LinkedIn survey shows 94% of employees will stay longer if a career development strategy is in place. Profits will grow 3 times faster if the work force is engaged.
Michelle Keech added a statistic recently shared to her Biogen executive team: Over the last five years, of the 72 long term assignments, 50% are now gone. Many of these had no strategic career path, but the investment dollars for putting them on assignment, plus their skill-set being lost at Biogen = money lost, with the total amount yet to be determined.
• Employee engagement – employee shows more results to the company 3X faster
• Companies need a philosophy of talent that includes emphasis on:
5. Transparency into the talent process
The best results are clear and transparent, and all employees know what is possible and take ownership.
Additionally, Jim Carroll of WestRock shared discussion about a high-level individual who came from division and would be great fit into another segment, but senior management could not see the strategy path.
InterLink enjoys and encourages these learning events, and would love to hear your ideas or topic suggestions for the next Corporate Relocation Round Table. Contact us at email@example.com and tell us what you think.
Attention, Georgia HR Professionals: Networking partners InterLink Relocation Resources, Lockton, Businessolver and Talent Connections will host an HRLive! wine tasting event Thursday, Sept. 19th at 4 p.m. at Vino Venue. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register and attend. We look forward to seeing you there!
***To kick off the 2019 Major League Baseball season, InterLink Relocation Resources and its Service Partner and employee benefits provider Lockton hosted a fantastic networking event at SunTrust Park, home of the Atlanta Braves. Dozens of Human Resources and Procurement professionals attended this latest event in a series of gatherings hosted by InterLink. “We enjoy talking to representatives of companies who handle employee relocations for their new hires and transferees throughout the U.S. and around the world,” said James Bilderback, President and CEO of InterLink. “At InterLink, we are always looking for unique ways to connect with HR professionals, and our annual baseball game gathering is one of our favorite events.” If you are interested in attending one of InterLink’s future gatherings, or have an idea for one, please send a note to email@example.com, or contact our Marketing department at 866-254-3910 and let us know!
InterLink’s National Account Consultant Alex Calder will be attending the 2019 Minnesota Employee Relocation Council (MERC) Conference on February 26. The 35th annual conference, titled, “Are We There Yet?” at McNamara Alumni Center at the University of Minnesota.
Registration for the event is $275 for MERC members, and $350 for non-members.
On Monday, Feb. 25, 2019, there will be a MERC Welcome Reception, with information coming soon. The remainder of the agenda is as follows:
Tuesday, February 26th:
- 7:00am-8:30am– Registration, networking and continental breakfast
- 8:30am-8:35am- President’s Welcome and Announcements
- 8:35am-9:35am– Keynote: Pivot Concept – Adam Markel
9:45am-10:45am – Session 1
Diversity – Trina Scott, VP at Quicken Loans
Mobility Pricing – Steven John, President and CEO at HomeSerivces Relocation
Talent Attraction/Retention – Chris Pardo, VP Consulting at Plus Relocation
Survey Results – Mitch Ulrich, SVP Global Mobility Strategies at NEI Global Relocation; Amy Smith, Senior Analyst Global Mobility Strategies at NEI Global Relocation
E-Closings – Faye Hoxworth, Strategic Operations Manager at Old Republic Relocation Services
Policy Segmentation – Martin Foxwell, Senior Vice President, Global Consulting and Industry Relations at Bristol Global Mobility
1:45pm-2:45pm– Session 3
Real Estate Market Trends – David Arbit, Director of Research and Economics at the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors
Tax Reform – Ashley Fewins-Kalb, Supervisor, International Assignment Services at RSM US LLP
Travel Safety Training, Sheryl Hill, President at Depart Smart Inc.
3:00pm-4:00pm – Session 4
4:00pm-5:00pm – Networking Reception
More details, including information about hotels, can be found at https://www.mnerc.org/2018MERCConference. Visit https://www.mnerc.org/MERCMembership/ for additional information about MERC, or to apply for membership.